#Nigeria Bombshell: #Dasuki says Jonathan gave order for N10 billion cash to influence PDP convention delegates

Dasuki_Sambo_NSA-Jonathan_presidency

Special to USAfricaonline.com,  and USAfrica multimedia networks, Houston. Follow USAfrica at Facebook.com/USAfricaChido , Facebook.com/USAfrica247 and Twitter.com/Chido247

  • Nigeria’s immediate former National Security Adviser (NSA) Sambo Dasuki has said he handed over the N10 billion given to Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) nomination convention delegates to former President Goodluck Jonathan’s Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs, Waripamowei Dudafa and the aide-de-camp. He said the money was given out by the two aides, on the directive of Jonathan, noting that, apart from collecting the cash, he had nothing to do with it.

As at press time, no slush funds had been traced to Dasuki’s personal accounts, it was learnt. Dasuki, who protested that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) had subjected him to “media trial”, said such a treatment might jeopardise his defence.

[On December 13, 2015], it was gathered that the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) confirmed that the N10 billion was sourced from the Signature Bonus Account (oil block Account).

But the ex-NSA expressed regrets that he was being vilified by the EFCC when he acted on the instructions and approval of the President and Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces.

He said he had no foreign account and his local accounts are in Skye bank Plc, GTB and Standard Chartered Bank.

Goodluck Jonathan-Nigeria-president-reflectn2-via-usafricaonline.com
Goodluck Jonathan-Nigeria-president-reflectn2-via-usafricaonline.com

Dasuki’s Statement of Witness/Accused Person [was] filed in the High Court of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) ahead of his arraignment [December 15].

He said: “I wish to state as follows: That I have been publicly indicted and any statement may jeopardise my defence. Having been briefed by the EFCC investigators on why I was invited, I will answer the charges in court. As such, I do not wish to make any further statement on the matter.

“That I am aware in November (I cannot remember the exact date), my office requested the CBN to exchange N10billion from the account of the Office of National Security Adviser domiciled in CBN. The money was exchanged at $47m and some Euros which I cannot remember. The exact amount was delivered at my residence.

“The money was for delegates that attended the nomination convention for the PDP. Presidential nomination. The money was paid and sent to Hon. (Waripamowei) Dudafa (SSAP Household) and ADC(C-IC) for distribution on the instruction of the President.

Based on the statement of Director of Finance and administration (Salisu), Ibrahim Wambai, and Yazidu Ibrahim, all the cash (both foreign and local) are usually given to them for official use.

I also noted the statement of Sagir Bafarawa whose company is Dalhatu Investment which he stated that he received the sum of N4,633,000,000 from the account of the Office of the NSA. I authorised the payment . The money was for vehicles, motorcycles for youth empowerment and women sent to Saudi Arabia. I got the proposal from the President. I do not have the proposal; it should be at the office in the Villa.”

“I have seen the statement of the Zenith Bank account where N5billion was paid. I authorised the following payments, among others: Jabbama Ada Global Nigeria Limited (N400m); R.R. Hospital (N750m); ACACIA Holdings LTD (N1.25b); Barr. I.M. Bala (N150m); African Cable TV (N 350m); Nigerian Defence Academy (N159m); B.B. (N350m); Abuja Electricity Distribution Company (N125,503, 255.11); Coscharis Motors (N119m).

“The payments were meant for various partners as earlier listed. I know Basha Nigeria Limited to be owned by Hon. Bello Matawalle. I authorided the payment of N380million for further disbursement to members of the House of Representatives as campaign contribution. I authorised the payment of N751million to HEIRS BDC Limited for conversion to forex from the account of the NSA. Money was used for operation in the Office of the NSA.

“I have seen the mandate from the CBN signed by me authorising payment of various sums of money to Dalhatu Investment for the reasons earlier stated.

“In respect of funds given to Amb. Bashir Yuguda between December 2014 and 2015, I authorised the payment of N1.5billion from the Office of the National Security Adviser for political campaign in the last elections. I remember paying DAAR Communications the sum of N2.120billion from ONSA for media activities for the Presidential Campaign 2015.” (USAfricaonline.com notes that DAAR is principally owned by Raymond Dokpesi and his family)

Dasuki confirmed also payment of $146,639019.00 to E-Force Inter-Service Ltd

The ex-NSA added: “I do not have any company registered in my name, I have no account with HSBC. All payments made from NSA accounts within the period I was there were authorised by me.”

The CBN confirmed that the N10billion was sourced from the CBN/ OAGF Signature Bonus Account.

The CBN made the clarification in an October 29, 2015 letter to the EFCC’s Director of Operations.

The apex bank said: “Your letter ref: EFCC/EC/ CBN/ 12/163 dated 21st September 2915 to the Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria and the directive by the management that we provide some explanations, we wish to state as follows:

“The N10 billion constitutes two tranches of N5.08billion each debited to the CBN/OAGF SIGNATURE BONUS ACCOUNT NO 400225220 vide OAGF memo Ref: FD/LP2015/1/28 DF to the Office of the National Security Adviser A/C Number 20172241019 with the CBN Abuja and the second was for credit into the account of National Security Adviser Account Number 1014199287 with Zenith Bank Plc Wuse II Abuja.

“The transactions were consummated on November 10, 2014. The mandate that authorized the withdrawal of USD47.0m was from the Office of the National Security Adviser(ONSA) with REF: NSA/366/S dated November 26, 2014. The mandate was processed for dollar cash payment to Mr. S. A. Salisu on November 27, 2014.

“The USD5.0M was via a memo from the ONSA memo REF: ACCT/86/VOL. 2/ 218 dated November 13, 2014. The National Security Adviser Account Number 20172241019 was debited and dollar cash payment made to Mr. Wambai Ibrahim on November 14, 2014 in line with the mandate.

“The Euro 4.0m and Euro 1.6m transactions were via mandate from ONSA memo REF: NASS/ 366/S dated November 26, 2014. The NSA’s Account Number 20172241019 was debited and Euro cash payment effected as follows: Euro 4.0m on December 3, 2014 and Euro 1.6m was on December 24, 2014. These sums were released to Mr. S. A. Salisu as stipulated in the mandate. Attached are copies of all the relevant documents please.”

The CBN Governor was responding to a letter ( EFCC/EC/CBN/12/163) of 21st September, 2015 by former EFCC Chairman Ibrahim Lamorde.

The three-paragraph letter said: “ This commission is investigating a case of Abuse of Office and money laundering of funds for special services by the Office of the National Security Adviser which were withdrawn in November 2014.

“We seek your kind assistance to provide available information on the disbursement of the funds with copies of relevant documents, including transfers to foreign and local banks and cash withdrawals.

“Thank you in anticipation of your usual cooperation.”

A Staff Officer Account 1 in the Office of the NSA, Yazidu Ibrahim said in his statement as follows: ” I can testify that in the last five years, for all the companies that were paid, VAT and Withholding Tax were never paid for any contract.

“Also, to the best of my knowledge, there is no tenders board and procurement unit at the NSA. The awarding authority for all contracts, remains the NSA. All payments for contracts are (sic) based on directive from the DFA. Sometimes, there were accompanying documents most times, there was nothing except account details of contractors.

“In the last five years, the SAS imprest account has been passed and ONSA is getting direct funding from the government.

“I want to state as follows: many of the contracts were fake because the payment were round figures. (2), many of the payments were related to the 2015 presidential elections and not for national security. Many of the cash payments were just looted. Many people in the ruling PDP got huge sums of money”.

” The SAS imprest account is an account maintained by the NSA and the Permanent Secretary, Special Service Office. This is where money for the intelligence community is first paid before sharing between the ONSA, NSA and DSS.” ref:  The Nation, Lagos.

VIDEO #CNN special #CHIBOK Girls n #BokoHaram Live intvw wt the Founder of USAfrica multimedia and public POLICY networks Chido Nwangwu. CNN anchors John Berman n Michaela Pereira.  

———-
Forthcoming 2016 BOOK: In this engaging, uniquely insightful and first PERSON reportage book, MANDELA & ACHEBE: Footprints of Greatness, about two GLOBAL icons and towering PERSONS of African descent whose exemplary lives
Mandela-n-Achebe-by-Chido-book-frontcover-Lrs and friendship HOLD lessons for humanity and Africans, USAfrica Founder Chido Nwangwu takes a measure of their works and CONSEQUENCE to write that Mandela and Achebe have left “footprints of greatness.”
He chronicles, movingly, his 1998 reporting from the Robben Island jail room in South Africa where Mandela was held for decades through his 20 years of being CLOSE to Achebe. He moderated the 2012 Achebe Colloquium at Brown UNIVERSITY in Providence, Rhode Island.“I’ll forever remember having walked inside and peeped through that HISTORIC Mandela jail cell (where he was held for most of his 27 years in unjust imprisonment) at the dreaded Robben Island, on March 27, 1998, alongside then Editor-in-chief of TIME magazine and later news chief EXECUTIVE of the CNN, Walter Isaacson (and others) when PRESIDENT BILL Clinton made his first official trip to South Africa and CAME to Robben Island. Come to this island of scourge and you will understand, in part, the simple greatness and towering grace of Nelson Mandela”, notes  Chido Nwangwu, award-winning writer, multimedia 
specialist and founder of USAfricaonline.com, the first African-owned U.S-based newspaper published on the INTERNET, in his first book; he writes movingly from his 1998 reporting from South Africa on Mandela. http://www.mandelaachebechido.com/

Related Insights & Reports:

SHARE
Previous articleA-list actors vs. South African school kids
Next articleCapturing the ‘ghosts’ of migrants

USAfrica is an international multimedia company, founded since 1992 by Dr. Chido Nwangwu [author of Mandela & Achebe: Leadership, Identity and Footprints of Greatness], with its headquarters in Houston, Texas. Also, he established the 1st African-owned, U.S.-based professional newspaper published on the internet USAfricaonline.com, both assessed by the CNN and The New York Times as the largest and arguably the most influential African-owned, U.S-based multimedia networks.

USAfrica’s first print edition of USAfrica magazine published August 1993; USAfrica The Newspaper on May 11, 1994; The Black Business Journal in 1998; CLASSmagazine on May 2, 2003; PhotoWorks.TV in 2005, and several platforms and products.

USAfricaonline.com is powered by the global resources of USAfrica, CLASSmagazine, CLASSmagazine.TV, PhotoWorks.Tv, USAfrica.TV, MandelaAchebeChido.com, AchebeBooks.com and ChidoNwangwu.com

iCOMMENT