ISIS claims it executed ambush, killing of Nigerian soldiers

A civilian was also killed, while five people sustained injuries in the tragic incident which occurred on Tuesday.

It is the first time the group will take responsibility for an attack in Nigeria.

In a statement by the militant group, which Boko Haram pledged alliance to two years ago, Isis claimed it fighters took three four-wheel-drive vehicles and others mounted with rifles and heavy weaponry and various ammunition,” the statement said. Isis did not provide evidence for its claim.

A resident of Sassawa village said the insurgents broke into shops and took away food items.

Last week, President Muhammadu Buhari, at a joint press conference held with President Recep Tayyip Erdogan of Turkey during, admitted that he was disturbed after realising the link between Boko Haram and Isis. ref: wire services

Related Insights & Reports:

iCOMMENT